Gambling should be a form of entertainment, and just one of many hobbies you have. It is important never to gamble more money than you can afford to lose, or to spend so much time gambling that it interferes with other areas of your life.
While most people are able to gamble responsibly, a small percentage of people develop a gambling problem or addiction. Fortunately, this medically recognized disease is treatable, and there is no cost for treatment in California.
The California Problem Gambling Helpline is staffed by Masters-level or above Counselors, who answer your calls directly 24/7/365. You can contact the helpline by:
- Calling: 1-800-GAMBLER 800.426.2537
- Visiting: 800gambler.chat on the web
- Texting: Text ‘SUPPORT’ to 53342
Helpline counselors can provide immediate crisis intervention, and help put you directly in contact with a counselor or treatment facility to provide continuing care. Services are provided by counselors fluent in English, Spanish and Chinese, and translators and telehealth are available for more than 200 other languages and for the deaf and hard of hearing.
Self-Exclusion & Prevention Resources
Our self-exclusion program allows you to request to be banned from entering the casino for either a minimum of one year, or permanently.
To request a self-exclusion, you can click on the link and download and mail back the form below (instructions on how to submit the form are included.)
Other prevention resources include:
How to Tell if You May Have a Problem?
If you are no longer gambling for entertainment and the fun has stopped, or if you are being harmed by your gambling, know that you are not alone. Over a million adults in California suffer from the same problems!
To tell if you or someone you care for may have a gambling problem, you can take a problem gambling self-assessment quiz, by clicking here.
According to the California Council on Problem Gambling, you may have a gambling problem if:
- You use gambling as a way to escape problems or relieve depression
- You are unable to stop playing, regardless of winning or losing
- You are betting more than intended, or spending more than you can afford.
- You have neglected your family, school or work responsibilities because of gambling
- You have ever lied, to anyone, about your gambling
- You have lost or jeopardized important relationships (family. job, etc.) due to your gambling
- You have borrowed money from others to relieve a financial problem caused by gambling
If you match one (1) or more of the above criteria, you may have a gambling problem; however, only a professional can tell for sure. Please contact:
Our Commitment to Responsible Gambling
We pledge to our employees (Yaamava’ Resort & Casino has been awarded the Responsible Gaming Silver Certification for 11th Consecutive Year), guests and the community to make responsible gaming an integral part of our daily operations by:
- Providing training to our employees pertaining to the importance of responsible gaming, the policies and procedures of our responsible gaming programs, and the prevention of underage gambling
- Offering a confidential employee assistance program for employees affected by gambling problems
- Making information visible and available on the casino floor, and in advertising and marketing materials, which promotes responsible gambling and informs about programs for the treatment and/or prevention of gambling problems
- Working with the California Council on Problem Gambling, the National Council on Problem Gambling, and other agencies in California dedicated to helping those affected by gambling problems on a continuing basis
Where to Get Help
The following organizations are available to provide treatment and counseling options for both the gambler, and those affected by the gambling of someone they care for:
NATIONAL COUNCIL ON PROBLEM GAMBLING
GAM-ANON (support for the families of gamblers)
Self-Excluded Reinstatement Request
To request reinstatement of your gaming privileges at Yaamava’ Resort & Casino, fill out the following form and send to Yaamava’ Resort & Casino:
P.O. Box 366
Patton, CA 92369-0366
Attn: Casino Compliance
Click here to download now.